- 1 Bluedio BS-6 Bluetooth Speaker review
- 1.1 Specifications
- 1.2 Expectations
- 1.3 Packaging
- 1.4 What’s in the box
- 1.5 Features
- 1.6 pro / cons
- 1.7 Price quality
- 1.8 Verdict
- 1.9 where to buy?
- 1.9.1 ZZH! A zigbee 3 stick based on CC2652R
- 1.9.2 Xiaomi Gateway 3: Highly hackable! Pair unsupported Zigbee & Bluetooth devices and get them into Home-Assistant!
- 1.9.3 WLED with WS2812B Led strips
- 1.9.4 Review of the BlitzWolf BW-GC5 Gaming Chair for home workers or gamers
- 1.9.5 ZZH! A zigbee 3 stick based on CC2652R
- 1.9.6 The best discount coupons and deals
- 1.9.7 Robot Vacuums Buying guide
Bluedio BS-6 Bluetooth Speaker review
During browsing the internet we stumbled upon the Bluedio BS-6. We decided to buy it during an Bluedio promotion. Which saved us a some money because the current retail price is around 50 euro.
The specifications as provides by Bluedio:
- Bluetooth 5.0 / Supporting profile A2DP, AVRCP, HSF, HFP, Range up to 10 m)
- Output voltage: 2 * 5 W, Frequency response: 20-20KHZ // Audio input: VRMS < 1V.
- Talking time / Music Time: up to 5 hours // Standby time: Up to 1000 hours // Charging Time: about 3-4 hours (via Micro-USB)
- Speaker size: 227 x 68 x 74 mm.
We already knew Bluedio from their reviewed headphones the Bluedio T4S and the T5. Both headphones did not disappoint us regarding the sound quality, except when we switched on Active Noise Cancelling.
The Bluedio BS-6 is packed in a nice cardboard box (260 x 84 x 158 mm).
Does it fit your mailbox?
What’s in the box
You can find the following products in the box:
- Bluedio BS-6 Bluetooth Speaker
- The user manual in Chinese and English
- 3.5 inch audio cable.
- USB Charging cable.
The features as stated on the Bluedio site:
- Smart Cloud Speaker
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Pioneer of Bluetooth to Cloud Connection Technology
- High Performance With 3 Full Range Magnet Drivers
- Upgraded Read Low Frequency Radiator
Build Quality & Design
As we already expected from a Bluedio product, both build quality and the product design does not let us down. Build quality is quite good. Sometimes the metal raster cracks a bit, which might indicate it is not fully fixated to the plastic housing, but overall it seems sturdy. The housing sports a blue and red LED, which indicate device pairing and power status.
Pairing the Bluetooth speaker with your device is pretty easy. The British-accent imitation is quite funny: “péhwing” for pairing and “powah off” for well, you know.
The overall sound quality is very good considered the price tag. The housing has two drivers, which seem to cover high and low. As usual with cheaper speakers, the midrange isn’t considered. If you judge sound quality by the amount of bass though, you won’t be disappointed with this speaker. The speaker has a 3D mode which is supposed to give a more dimensional sound to the music being played, but it doesn’t really add anything you would want except some reverb. The playback time is around 6 hours.
It is also possible to make phone calls with the speaker, as it has a built-in microphone. The sound quality of this is acceptable.
pro / cons
- Good sound quality.
- Reasonable price.
- 3D sound mode function does not add a lot.
- Midrange could be better.
I got the Bluetooth speaker at a discount, but even at its full retail price you get a lot of value for your money when you decide to buy the BS-6.
Overall I am very satisfied with the Bluedio BS-6. It is a nice speaker to have as a second option for casual use, for example being on the road or whilst doing chores in places around the house where you don’t have speakers around. It shouldn’t be used as a primary speaker for the living room or if you are an audiophile.
where to buy?
Bluedio BS-6 Bluetooth Speaker