Alfawise Bluetooth Helmet Intercom Headset
I always use my car kit in the car when driving home from work. And almost every day I stuck in a traffic jam so also lots of time to socialize with friends and family over the phone. Because of these traffic jams, I often use my motor instead of my car when the weather is acceptable. When riding my motorbike I still get a lot of phone call but I cannot answer them. I know that there are options to call using Bluetooth so I wanted to test if it’s good enough to have a normal conversation while driving. Next to being able able to have calls while driving, having some music while riding my motorbike would be nice, but wearing earbuds is irritating. Lets test the Alfawise Bluetooth Helmet Intercom Headset.
● Bluetooth version: 3.0 + EDR
● Frequency: 2.4GHz
● Supports: A2DP and AVRCP
● Supported Bluetooth profiles: Bluetooth headset and hands-free profiles with automatic detection operating range: up to 10 m for cellphones
● Battery type: 450 mAh Li-ion battery
● Charging time: 3 hours at DC5V 500mA
Would not be easy to fix in the helmet, not enough space in a helmet, troubles with wind noises, irritating to ears. Some of the thoughts I have, but let’s find out if they are true.
- Product weight: 0.1650 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 8.00 x 4.50 x 2.00 cm / 3.15 x 1.77 x 0.79 inches
- Package weight: 0.3100 kg
- Package size (L x W x H): 17.00 x 11.00 x 5.40 cm / 6.69 x 4.33 x 2.13 inches
Does it fit your mailbox?
No it does not. It’s well packed in a nice carton box but too big for a mailbox.
What’s in the box
- Helmet Intercom Headset,
- Audio Line,
- 2 x Velcro Pad,
- 2 x Headset Clip,
- Screw Driver,
- USB Cable
- English User Manual
● Wireless headset for Bluetooth enabled cell phone at a range of up to 10 meters
Bike-to-bike intercom for rider and passenger or two separate bikes up to 800 – 1000 meters
10 hours talk time when connected to a cell phone
8 hours talk time when using the intercom feature
300 hours standby
● Call out, call answer, call reject, call hang up
● Receive a cell phone call automatically
● Support audio transfer
● Support the last number redialing
● FM radio function
● Enjoy the cell phone music through A2DP or connect GPS
● Control cell phone music through AVRCP: forward, backward, play, pause
● Automatic switching among Bluetooth cell phone, intercom, stereo music
● With DSP echo cancellation and noise suppression technology, crystal clear voice quality is guaranteed in a high speed
● Button panel is waterproof and sun-proof, while the design is durable
● Audio cable to connect MP3, GPS, walkie-talkie and so on
Test of the Alfawise Bluetooth Helmet Intercom Headset
Because I have a single unit to test I was not able to test the intercom functionality. But I tested everything else and below a description of this procedure and my findings.
First I needed to charge the battery of the unit. While charging I mounted the ground plate on my helmet. There are two methods to do this: By screwing or a sticker with velcro. I chose
It was the first time that I saw my helmet so close on the inside and the foam was easy to click off. So the earpads and cables to the microphone could be placed. the pads and microphone have stickers to place them on the right spot. After placing everything I clicked the foam back to the original positions and the work was done. Now it was waiting for the charging to be completed.
After a while (did not keep track of the time) it was fully charged and it was time to pair to my cell phone (a One Plus 6)
- played FM radio. Incredible good reception.
- played some music
- called with a friend
- redial (it redials last chosen number)
I was really surprised
Build Quality & Design
Feels solid and the buttons are well placed and big enough to push with gloves on.
pro / cons
- Good price
- Well designed
- Easy to use
- FM Radio
- Big USB connector
- USB cable to the microphone could be an inch longer for easier installation into the helmet.
With an average price of around 35 Dollar it is a really cheap device.
The pads are thin and much better car kit traditional earbuds in my ear when wearing a helmet. So only for navigation/music it so much better. But the fact that you can control and even make phone calls makes this device a must-have for bikers.
For the intercom functionality, you need two devices. They are also available as a set. I expected that the double version would be cheaper per device but the fact is, it is not! So when you are planning to buy two devices check the total price of two singles packs and a double pack and order the cheapest option of the two.
Where to buy?