Xiaomi Youpin ES3 3D Smart Razor
This is our second shaver from Xiaomi we put to the test, the Xiaomi Youpin ES3 3D Smart Razor. It is a cooperation between Xiaomi and the brand Youpin. The question is, does it outsmart the previous Xiaomi Shaver, where Xiaomi cooperated with Mija? The newest shaver has the looks of premium brand shavers like Philips or Braun and has not a design you would expect from the designers of Xiaomi. It does it have other unique features, in this review I try to find out I can replace my Xiaomi Mija with the Xiaomi Youpin ES3 3D Smart Razor.
From Xiaomi products I expect a white box with a little manual and a beautiful product that has a simplistic and unique design. That is not the case with this ES3 3D Smart Razor from Xiaomi Youpin. It looks like a normal shaver from Braun, Philips or even the more budget oriented brands like Silvercrest. So I expect there must be something else that makes it worth your money.
- Product weight: 0.1750 kg
- Package weight: 0.3060 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 16.00 x 6.50 x 6.00 cm / 6.3 x 2.56 x 2.36 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 18.50 x 13.60 x 6.90 cm / 7.28 x 5.35 x 2.72 inches
What’s in the box?
The package contains the following:
- Chinese Using Manual
- USB Charging Cable (no adapter included)
Features as stated on Gearbest:
- 3D intelligent floating tool head, flexible for various facial contours
- Double-ring mesh, increase the contact area between the mesh and the face and effectively improve the shaving efficiency
- Blade and mesh are made of imported steel with sharp shaving
- Automatic grinding technology, the blade, and mesh will grind each other, without frequent replacement of the head
- Built-in 600mAh Li-ion battery
- High speed, quick speed two gears, long press 3 seconds easy adjustment
- Double intelligent protections: intelligently monitor the electric quantity, keep low power and reduce steadily when the electric quantity is low, if the blade head is obstructed, it will also be stopped for protection
- IPX7 waterproof, one button for water washing, support wet and dry dual-use
- With intelligent travel lock, avoid power consumption by mistake
- USB quick charging, fully charged in 90 minutes and can be used for 60 minutes at a time
- Light touch button switch, ergonomic design
Flexible 3D Floating Head
As the product name indicates, the Xiaomi ES3 3D Smart Razor has a flexible 3D floating head. This allows the device to shave the corners of the face, neck and shin very smoothly. It still missed some hairs during the first attempt but after the second attempt they were gone. I already use the Xiaomi shaver on a daily basis the last couple of months I also started shaving with traditional blades once a week to get a real clean shave.
The Xiaomi ES3 can operate in two speed modes. The first mode is the high-speed mode and the second one is the extreme speed mode. You can switch by pressing the button for 3 seconds. I prefer the fast mode but can’t proof this is actually better, but it definitely makes more noise.
In-hand comfort of the ES3 3D Smart Razor
The shaver feels solid and the grip is very good, which is very important, especially when shaving in the shower. The shape is a traditional one the I already knew from my first Philips electric shaver, it is a proven choice. The buttons are soft touch and work well. On the display you can see the minutes remaining and the active speed mode, the display is bright and clear so very easy to read. The only thing that feels less solid is the trimmer that is located on the back of the shaver.
The head of the ES3 3D Smart Razor can be opened with a tiny button and therefor cleaning is very easy. Especially after you shaved in the shower, quickly pop open the top and clean the inside. I must confess that Xiaomi impressed me with this function, because my first Philips had the same design but hasn’t got this feature.
Complementary Products / Alternatives
Where to buy?
For such a low price it is a pretty decent shaver but nothing extraordinary. From a Xiaomi product, I expected more: starting with a unique design, and a more complete product with included charger or another cool feature which would make the product really stand out. So if you need an electric shaver and don’t mind about design, you can safely choose the ES3 3D Smart Razor. But personally I will stick to the the Xiaomi Mija 360.
- Good product for a sweet price.
- Water resistant
- USB chargeable
- No USB charger included
- Trimmer looks fragile
- Shiny black color does not fit the Xiaomi brand
- The protector of the head fits loosely on the head.