The CC2652R is a Wireless Sniffer Bare Board you can use to build your own Zigbee Gateway. Read the tutorial for creating your own DIY Zigbee Gateway using Zigbee2mqtt, based on either the CC2652R or the smaller CC2531.
The CC2652R is a development board, which means it is larger and a bit more powerful than the other bare boards you can use to build your own Zigbee gateway. The other boards, like the CC2531 are smaller and less expensive. On the other hand the CC2652R can easily handle bigger networks (100+ Zigbee devices) and has a very good range.
The CC2652R is only available as a dev board, which means it is quite large but also means it has an onboard flasher. It contains three cores: M4, M0, and the SensorController. Memory wise it has 52K flash and mostly 80K low-power SRAM. It supports ble5, Theread, zigbee3.0.
- Integrated PCB antenna for 2.4 GHz
- On-board JTAG emulation tool (XDS110) for flashing & debugging firmware on the target CC26x2R device over a micro-USB connection
- 40-pin dual-gender BoosterPack™ connectors
- CC2652R wireless microcontroller device (also supports CC2642R development)
- User red & green LEDs
- 2x User buttons
- Access to all GPIO pins of the CC2652R device
- UART backchannel through the XDS110 for debug/code instrumentation
- 8 Mbit serial (SPI) flash memory
Wireless Zigbee CC2652R USB Gateway $ 72
Product Name: Wireless Zigbee CC2652R USB Gateway
Product Description: Wireless Zigbee CC2652R Sniffer Bare Board. This USB device needs to be flashed so it can work as Zigbee Gateway.
Brand: Texas instruments
Offer price: 3
read our articles about how to use this with zigbee2mqtt:
- Powerful and good range.
- easy to flash the board
- with zigbee2mqtt compatible with multiple smart home platforms like: domoticz Home Assistant or Openhap
- More expensive than alternatives
- A bit bulky.