Is it a bird, is it a plane or a graphics card on the loose? Nope, the CC1352P is a bare board that you can use to build your own Zigbee Gateway. Read the tutorial for creating your own DIY Zigbee Gateway using Zigbee2mqtt, based on either the CC1352P, CC2652R or the smaller CC2531.
The CC1352P is a development board, which means it is larger and a bit more powerful than the other bare boards you can use to build your own Zigbee gateway. The other boards, like the CC2531 are smaller and less expensive. On the other hand the CC1352P can easily handle bigger networks (100+ Zigbee devices) and has a very good range.
Just like the CC2652R, the CC1352P is only available as a dev board, which means it is quite large but also means it has an onboard flasher. The board in question is a bit cheaper but is also quit a bit bigger compared to the CC2652R. The biggest difference is that you can connect an external antenna to the CC1352P in order to increase the range even further.
- Support for 868 MHz/915 MHz and 2.4 GHz operation
- Up to +18 dBm output power on 2.4 GHz and +14 dBm output power on 868 MHz/915 MHz
- Integrated dual-band PCB antenna for 868 MHz/915 MHz and 2.4 GHz operation
- On-board JTAG emulation tool (XDS110) for flashing & debugging firmware on the target CC1352P device over a micro-USB connection
- 40-pin dual-gender BoosterPack™ connectors
- CC1352P wireless microcontroller device
- User red & green LEDs
- 2x User buttons
- Access to all GPIO pins of the CC1352P device
- UART backchannel through the XDS110 for debug/code instrumentation
- 8 Mbit serial (SPI) flash memory
- SMA connector for external antennas (to use the SMA connector move the capacitor C482 to the C483 position. See design files for details.)
Wireless Zigbee CC1352P USB Gateway $ 50
Product Name: Wireless Zigbee CC1352P USB Gateway
Product Description: Wireless Zigbee CC1352P Sniffer Bare Board. This USB device needs to be flashed so it can work as Zigbee Gateway.
Brand: Texas instruments
read our articles about how to use this with zigbee2mqtt:
- Powerful and good range.
- easy to flash the board
- Supports an external antenna to further extend the range
- with zigbee2mqtt compatible with multiple smart home platforms like: domoticz Home Assistant or Openhap
- More expensive than alternatives
- Very bulky.