The BlitzWolf BW-SHP2 is a smart socket with a max load of 16A and therefore something different than most of its competitors. Smart plugs are hot at the moment and available in many brands and forms and supporting one or more protocols. Because you connect them to your 220V power outlets, you always have to be careful with Chinese or cheaper products, but BlitzWolf has a very decent track record with a vast set of chargers, power banks and other electronic devices. Let’s find out if this Smart Socket is as good as we expect it to be.
- 1 Specifications
- 2 What’s in the box
- 3 Test
- 4 Xiaomi Mi Smart Socket Zigbee version
- 5 Broadlink SP3S WiFi Smart Socket Plug
- 6 SONOFF S20 WiFi Smart Switch Socket for Home Safety
- 7 Neo Coolcam GC00AM NAS – WR01ZE Z-Wave Smart Socket
- 8 pro / cons
- 9 Price quality
- 10 Where to buy?
- 11 BlitzWolf BW-SHP2 Smart WIFI Socket EU Plug 220V 16A
I think the most important feature of the BW-SHP2 is the 16A capability.
Specifications as stated on
- Smart Voice Control APP: based on Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, giving your order, Alexa & Google Assistant will do all the things
- Remote Control: Plug work with Wi-Fi network in your home, so you can use App control the plug by your phone no matter where you are
- Timing Switch: Remote monitor and timing switch all the devices
- One Step to Share: Share with your family
- Useable: Just 4 steps needed, use with a more friendly designed App
- Mini Size: A new compact design that just
takeup one socket.
- Greater Capacity: High power relay up to 16A
- Maximum total power output: is 3840W.
What’s in the box
The box contains the smart socket (the BlitzWolf® BW-SHP2 Smart WIFI Socket EU Plug) and a User Manual.
After unpacking it’s time to use! And it’s really simple. Below the steps I have taken to setup the product.
qrcode and install the app
- plug in socket
- press power button for 5 seconds
ledindicator will constantly flash blue twice a second
- In the app tap ‘add devices’ of ‘+’ and select ‘Plug’
- choose your Wi-Fi network and enter your password.
- in about 25 seconds it
reach100 percent and the connection is made.
- rename the plug if you want and select a room
- That’s all.
Now you can set timers and schedule to be on/off at specific times.
Check statistics as power consumption and historical usage.
And switch the socket on/off.
All very simple and responsive. But my goal is to include it into my own home automation platform Domoticz. And that is not possible right out of the box. So read futher where I point to instructions how to do that.
Build Quality & Design
The plug is a bit bigger than comparable devices from other
Home automation compatible?
Alexa and Google home
Out of the
Flashing aka hacking
I don’t like to have an app installed for every brand of products I own, so my goal is to integrate it into my own home automation platform Domoticz. One app to rule them all 😉
The software of the BlitzWolf is not open source but it’s possible to hack the socket and upload other firmware. In that way you can use firmware that is open source and have more possibilities for connections like MQTT or on calls. The only downside is that the original app won’t
This site does the same but then with Sonoff firmware. Soldering and flashing are the same only the firmware you flash in the end is different. (It is written in Spanish so maybe you have to use Google Translate.)
and here you can find the a similar procedure but described in G
Complementary Products / Alternatives
pro / cons
- Good price
- Solid build quality
- Flash-able (if you need that).
- Works out of the box with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Requires an app (unless you flash the device).
- Blocks the second power outlet when put in a dual socket power outlet.
At around 10 euros the device is not the cheapest socket there is on the market, but the quality you get for this price makes this device worth considering. Next to that, a smart socket with a capacity of
16A, for this price is hard to find.
Where to buy?
Click here for the Banggood.com product page.