zzh! CC2652R Zigbee 3 USB stick, The best gateway for zigbee2mqtt
zzh! CC2652R Multiprotocol RF Stick
zig-a-zig-ah! (zzh, for short) is the original “USB stick” form-factor development board for TI’s new generation CC2652R chips.
Fantastic for Smart home users who wants to upgrade from there cc2531 or who want to start with zigbee.
The zzh! stick can be flashed with a zigbee2mqtt firmware and act as a powerful zigbee gateway. It’s compatible with zigbee2mqtt and therefor you can use it in Home Assistant or Domoticz.
The product has a nice premium plastic case and a small antenna. When it’s delivered you have to flash it before your can use it with zigbee. But that’s a simple procedure.
Technical features of the zzh! CC2652R Zigbee 3 USB stick:
- TI CC2652R 2.4 GHz multi-protocol wireless microcontroller targeting Thread, Zigbee, Bluetooth 5 Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN) and proprietary systems
- Communicates with the host computer via the common CH340 USB-UART bridge, no manual driver installation needed in most cases (Windows and Linux)
- Self-programming via the TI CC-series serial bootloader. As long as it is not explicitly disabled in code, no external programmer needed! Pushbutton on the default pin to trigger this mode
- cJTAG debug header, in case you disable BSL by accident or want a proper debug interface
- SMA antenna port for an external antenna of your choice
- General purpose LED
Think of it as an upgrade to the ubiquitous CC2531 USB Sticks commonly used for Zigbee tinkering. CC2652 has a much beefier processor, more memory and a sane free compiler that should enable easier development compared to the old 8051 based CC2530/1 devices.
The best zigbee2mqtt gateway from Elektrolama
zzh! A powerful Zigbee 3 usb stick that you can use as gateway 29,52
The zzh! Zigbee 3 USB stick is based on the populair TI CC2652R chip, but than in a USB form factor instead of the big development board. Everything is well documented and it’s very easy to install. When bought you only have to flash it so it can act as a Zigbee gateway. Flashing is easy because you don’t need another debugger cable of something, just plug in and follow the instruction from the documentation.
It’s even very easy to migrate from a CC2531. And because of the prise and the support, I think a lot of users will do this! Buy it if you want to start with a good zigbee network or if you want to improve your current cc2531 network, you wont regret.
- Good range
- Damn Fast
- No flashing cables of debugger needed, it’s integrated
- No drivers needed
- Powerful enough to pair with 100+ devices
- Good looking plastic case
- External antenna
- A little more expensive than the cc2531 but worth every cent!
- Not always on stock (due to the popularity)