Every household does have at least one vacuum cleaner. Where most of my friends even have two vacuum cleaners, to avoid moving it up and –down stairs all the time. Next to that, I love robot vacuums and have two of them (The Xiaomi Robot Vacuum, the Alfawise ZK8077 Robot Vacuum). But a Robot cannot cover areas like the stairs and top sides of tables.
So that’s the reason that already own a Dyson DC62 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. And I am very positive about it except that the battery cannot be replaced by default and, just like all Dyson products, it comes at a Dyson price. So I looked into the much cheaper alternative. After comparing the specifications of multiple vacuum cleaners, I decided to give the Alfawise FJ-166A Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner a try.
- 1 Specifications
- 2 Expectations of the Alfawise FJ-166A Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 3 Packaging
- 4 What’s in the box
- 5 Features
- 6 pro / cons
- 7 Price quality
- 8 Verdict
- 9 Where to buy?
Specifications of the FJ-166A as stated on GearBest:
Cleaner Types: Portable Vacuum,Vacuum Cleaner
Cleaning Area (sq.m.): up to 150 square meters
Dust Box Capacity: 500ml
Suction (pa): 7.0 kPa or more ( tested )
Noise (dB): 83dB or less
Power (W): 130W ( rated )
Input Voltage (V): 100 – 240V AC, 50 / 60Hz
Charging Time: 4 – 5 hours
Working Time: 40min for low speed, 20min for high speed
Iinformation about the battery:
- Type: detachable lithium-ion battery
- Capacity: 2200mAh
- Battery Voltage: 22.2V
Expectations of the Alfawise FJ-166A Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
I do expect a good quality product, but fair enough, you can’t expect a Ferrari for the price of a Renault. It has to be solid with sufficient suction capacity, but on the other hand it should not be too heavy to carry it up and the stairs.
- Product weight: 2.8000 kg
- Package weight: 6.5000 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 109.00 x 22.00 x 34.00 cm / 42.91 x 8.66 x 13.39 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 65.00 x 16.00 x 31.00 cm / 25.59 x 6.3 x 12.2 inches
What’s in the box
Lots of stuff, the Alfawise FJ-166A Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is shipped very complete and comes with:
- Main body
- Battery Pack
- Alumium wand
- Motorized nozzle (brushes)
- Adaptar / Charging Cable
- Wide mouth brush
- 2 in 1 crevice tube
- Connector for short accesoires
- Wall mount
- English Manual
The features of the vacuum cleaner as given in the manual:
- Traditional configuration for larger areas (Main body + Alu wand + Motorized nozzle)
- Long configuration to clean dust and webs at the ceiling (Main body + Alu wand + Wide mouth brush)
- Easy for cleaning the stairs (Main body + Connector + Wide mouth brush)
- Easy for reaching difficult spots (Main body + Connector + 2 in 1 crevice tube)
- Short configuration without alu wand (Main body + Motorized nozzle)
- All above configuration can be operated at 2 speeds.
- This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a dust cup, so no more vacuum cleaner bags.
Build Quality & Design
The design is a little simple. Just a white body is not that attractive if you compare it to a Dyson with multiple colors for main body parts. But let’s not forget it is just a vacuum cleaner and not a fashion icon! Furthermore each accessory needs to be mounted to the vacuum cleaner with the “connector for accessories”. This connector does fit smoothly on the main body connector. But since there is no “click” or release button, I do wonder if this is will still work as well after using the vacuum cleaner for a couple of years.
Heath / Power consumption /Noise
Since I experience that the vacuum cleaner is not powerful at all in the less powerful mode, I always use the second (highest) mode. This has a negative effect on the power consumption of course. I can run it for 10 minutes at maximum power, then it
switch automatically back to the lower position but this one is useless. I have to admit, this vacuum cleaner makes a little less noise than my Dyson. Besides that, the sound of a Dyson is more screeching.
The vacuum cleaner has a good grip and handle to use. You use your index finger to switch the vacuum cleaner on and off. Then you can toggle between the power modes (low and high) with your thumb. As said above, the low power consumption
will have no effect at all. Connecting the main body and each accessory is really easy. The aluminum wand has a fixed
length which is short for taller people, this results in a steeper angle that is less desirable. Furthermore the motorized nozzle and 2 in 1 crevice tube are working well. I’m less positive about the wide body brush, while I expected that the wide body brush would be my most favorite accessory (for the stairs for example).
The dust bin is relatively small compared to traditional vacuum cleaners. But on the other hand, you save money by not having to buy dust bags all the time. Emptying this dust bin is simple and quick to do. I do empty the dust bin after each time of using
the vacuum cleaner. Since the opening to the dust bin is smaller than the diameter of the aluminium wand for example, larger particles will get stuck and are more difficult to remove. I will only use it as a handheld vacuum for the stairs and accidentally spilled crumbs and dirt.
Complementary Products and Alternatives
The battery is replaceable which is a great feature. But I haven’t seen one at the web shops. When I found one I will place the link and price here, Alfawise FJ-166A Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner battery link is coming.
Alfawise FJ-166A vs Dyston dc62
- The Dyson comes with a mount that has the charger built-in.
- The material of Dyson feels better, more durable.
- When you check the second item of the first photo you can see that the Dyson is longer and more flexible.
Wins for the Alfawise
- A lot cheaper
- You can push the button once and it is continues on.
pro / cons
- Removable battery (link is coming)
- The lower power mode is not powerful enough
- Not a Design product as the Dyson
- No wall mount for the accessories.
- No wall mount with integrated charger
If you are thinking about buying a vacuum cleaner, and don’t want to spend that much, the Alfawise FJ-166A Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is a good choice. If you are willing to spend a little more, I would say, go for a (second handed) Dyson.
I’m positive about the quality and power of this vacuum cleaner for this price. If you compare the price to other brands, its one of the cheapest. I think there is little room for improvements though, as a wall mount with integrated charger for example. And fabricating an additional wall mount for the accessories will not raise the price that much.
Where to buy?