It has been a while since we reviewed the Xiaomi 70 Minutes Dash Cam, and now we got to test the Alfawise G70. The Sony IMX323 imaging chip powers both cams but the G70 has an even better aperture, which should make the dash cam perform better in less lit situations. It has an integrated LCD screen and a capacitor instead of a battery. But does this all make it a good dash cam that is easy to use? And can it beat the Xiaomi dash cam?
The features of the Alfawise G70 as stated on Gearbest:
- With CE, FCC certification, Sony 323 1/2.7” image sensor, NOVATEK 96658 chipset
- Super capacitor, better power supply to save the last video which is most important for a dash cam
- 1080P Full HD video recording, 170-degree FOV, F1.5 large aperture for recording everything clearly during daytime and in the dark
- 2.45” IPS display presents you convenient playback and vivid colors
- Built-in WiFi for real-time control via App
- High-precision DA380 G-sensor to save and lock the important footage automatically in case of a collision
- English, Hebrew, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Polish, Dutch, Vietnamese
- Loop recording in seamless cycle, automatically covers previous video clips when the TF card ( not included ) is full
The Alfawise G70 is a very good dash cam especially when you consider the price point. Its integrated LCD display makes controlling the G70 very convenient and makes the app superfluous. Despite no 4K video is supported, The image and (1080p) video quality is good thanks to the Sony IMX323 image sensor. This is both during day, night, sunrise and sunset. Just as the app, the digital zoom does not add much because zooming does decrease the image quality. But in conclusion: we would still recommend the Alfawise G70 if you are in the market for a basic dash cam that has good video image and video quality. After all a small investment of around 60 dollar is a pretty low insurance fee.
Make sure to check out the full review on Gadget-Freakz.com.